Replace Norton Antivirus with free Microsoft Security Essentials
- Uninstall Norton / Symantec / McAfee / Trend / etc.
- Shutdown/restart computer.
- Verify that Windows shows no antivirus program installed (Control Panel, then "Security Center" or "Action Center" depending on your version of Windows). If Norton is still shown, then call me! 919-481-2183
- Go to www.ninite.com
- Check-mark Microsoft Security Essentials, plus all the programs in the "runtimes" category, plus anything else you want (but no other main antivirus programs)
- Scroll to the bottom and click "Download Installer"
- Run it, and wait for it to complete. (Click "show details" to see the progress.)
- Shutdown/restart, and verify that the "fortress" icon appears in the "notification area" on the task bar (at the bottom of the screen, to the left of the clock).